The Flats River Skiff 15 is the perfect 2 person shallow water fishing skiff. Its shallow dead rise aft and sharp entry forward provide a smooth ride in light chop and stability on plane and at rest. Its flat deck forward will accommodate a trolling motor and provides ample fishing space with anchor, battery, and gear storage below. Rear seating is configurable as a split bench or full bench with storage on each side. It is designed as a tiller, but a compact side console could be added.
This boat is ideal for a first time boat builder with basic carpentry experience. Its simple layout is easily customized so you can have a custom boat on a budget. We can’t wait for you to get started and build your own boat!
The Jig Kit includes all parts CNC cut from marine grade plywood. The Plans include full size templates of all parts to trace and cut out yourself. Both options include detailed assembly drawings.
- 15′ LOA
- 5’4″ beam
- 5.5″ draft @ 800 lbs
- 30hp max
- 6 sheets – 4′ x 8′ x 1/4″ Okume or Meranti marine grade plywood
- 2 sheets – 4′ x 8′ x 3/8″ Okume or Meranti marine grade plywood
- 35 linear feet – 1/2″ x 1″ stock Cypress, Juniper or Fir
- 120 linear feet – 1″ x 1″ stock Cypress, Juniper, or Fir
- 35 linear feet – 1-1/8″ x 3/4″ stock Cypress, Juniper or Fir
- 40′ linear feet – 1-1/2″ x 3/4″ stock Fir or Sapele
- 6 gallons – Marine Epoxy (add 1 lb of fumed silica for fillets)
- 24 cu/ft – 2 lb density expanding pour foam, closed cell
- 25 yards – 10oz biaxial cloth 50″ wide
- Marine primer & paint (Quantity will vary by manufacturer, application method and number of coats.)
- Gougeon Brothers on Boat Construction (free PDF download)
Questions? Check out our FAQ
Note: Jig kits will display $0.00 for shipping costs because the are shipped via freight truck or picked up. Please contact us with any questions regarding shipping costs before placing an order.